PHOTO BY Paul Buckley.
I found this post on Mike Martin’s Blog. It is a shame how legislation can have such a huge grasp on our personal/recreational lives. The far reaching arm of our government frustrates me on a regular basis. I do not need them telling me what is appropraite or safe for my children. I think off myself as a pretty inteligent individual. I don’t live in a fantasy world, where everything is butterflies and sugar plums. I have a grip on reality.
Please stop…This is to the Government…Please stop inteferring with my ability to raise my children the way I see fit.
Don’t let the government and the CPSC step all over yours and your children’s rights to ride motocross. We need to work together in order to stop this ban and bring back children’s motocross. Here is a list of things you can do in order to help the situation.
- Spread the Word: Do you have a podcast or blog? Are you active on social networks? Leverage this communities to your advantage. Spread the word of this atrociety and make sure that all of your friends are aware of the ban and are helping in the fight.
- Submit a Letter: The following letter has been prepared by the MIC to be sent to the CPSC in support of the petition and ultimately in support of the removal of this ban. Download CPSC Letter Here
- Sign the Petition: visit http://www.tomself.com/, submit your info and sign the petition.
- Write to your Congressmen and Senators: Let them know the far reaching affects of this law and the many benefits provided to families by the small powers ports industry.**Thanks to Commenter Joe Roth, I have been made aware of an automatic system to submit a letter to your congressmen and senators which has been set up by the AMA. Check out the AMA’s Rapid Response System right away.**
- Watch and Spread the Video: Matt Wozney of MXPTV has produced an awesome video regarding the ban. Watch it, spread the link, and embed it on your site. The more people aware of this issue the better.
My children will ride…Oh yes!… They will ride!
Livin’ Out Loud,